Manufacturer Stops all Tight Production and Makes Masks To Help Ease Demand on Surgical Equivalents
SAN DIEGO, CA, April 17, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — MS SHAPE, the US family-run hosiery business announced today that it has switched all its manufacturing capabilities from the production of tights to face masks to ease the demand on medical equivalents for frontline healthcare staff across the US.
The move comes as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is now recommending everyone in the United States wear cloth face masks in public settings such as pharmacies and grocery stores. The CDC suggests this new advice is primarily designed to reduce COVID-19 transmission from those who may be unaware they have the disease.
The switch puts MS SHAPE in good company with the likes Prada, Gucci, LVMH, YSL and Burberry who have all announced the are now using their production facilities to make personal protection equipment, masks and hand sanitisers.
MS SHAPE can produce 350,000 masks per week that are designed to be comfortable to wear, and are washable so very eco friendly.
The unisex masks can be washed up to 25 times, and are constructed from a double layered material, which has antimicrobial properties. The masks are also given additional antimicrobial and water repellent treatments, meaning if someone coughs or sneezes nearby there is protection from the droplets in the air.
The factory usually makes over 12 million pairs of tights a year, and MS SHAPE has taken the nous from a sister business ATOM Compression Wear, which makes medical grade socks, sleeves and shapewear.
The not-for-profit masks are available across the whole of the USA from msshape.com
“It’s important that all businesses do their bit to support all efforts to fight Covid 19, and we are no different.
“With such a huge demand on surgical masks for frontline health care professionals we wanted to ease this strain and supply an ‘every day’ option as part of social distancing guidelines.
“So instead of making tights we are now making masks. It’s not a commercial decision but the right thing to do. Something at MS SHAPE we have always taken great pride in.
“That’s why from a cost perspective we are making just enough money to cover our costs, keep our colleagues in jobs and in turn support their families,” said Anja Kahn, chief executive at MS SHAPE.
In addition, MS SHAPE’s ‘factory to face’ traceability through it’s Made in Green accreditation means that every mask is tested for harmful substances, are produced in environmentally friendly factory facilities with socially responsible working conditions linked to fully transparent production.
Unlike some other masks MS SHAPE is also providing ‘Tips For Wearing’ in each pack.
1. Wash hands before handling mask
2. Place on face
3. Ensure snug fit, it’s okay if sides don’t fully touch your cheeks
4. Do not touch mask whilst wearing – imagine if you had no mask on, you would not touch your face and nose without washing your hands, do same even when wearing the mask – the mask is an additional precaution for peace of mind, not a complete solution.
5. If someone has sneezed or coughed in your vicinity, or you feel you have come into contact with someone infected, please self-isolate and remove mask and put for wash. Then wash your hands and if needed use a clean washed mask.
6. Do not wear same mask for longer than half a day. The properties in the mask are longer term than that, however we want you to err on side of caution at all times, and as these masks are washable, you should refresh after each single instance use.
7. You are not used to wearing a mask so it may take some time to get used to. This is normal and you will soon learn how to breathe and regulate your breath.
8. Wash after every use at 60 degrees – by hand or in machine and use detergent.
Available in a variety of sizes, from msshape.com priced at $19.99 including postage, for five re-useable masks, or MS SHAPE are adding a free mask to every tights purchase.
So here at MS SHAPE we celebrate curvaceous figures, we believe in being real, and showing it as it is (!), and we fly the flag: PLUS IS MORE THAN EQUAL.
Our products are aimed exclusively for the plus size woman, which isn’t about excluding our slimmer sisters, it’s about ensuring products in plus size are made to fit; our design teams, manufacturing and whole ethos is around the focus to develop garments specifically made for us, and not merely a standard size with an extra panel sewn in!
Everything we bring you will be designed from scratch for the sizes we sell, and we pledge our ongoing commitment to bring new and exciting styles in products which will reflect the amazing goddess you are, and make you feel, oh so comfortable!
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here